Brayden

Brayden
Brayden expresses himself through RPM ( Rapid Prompting Method) by spelling out his thoughts on a letter board. His parents transcribe for him and put everything he spells out in capital letters. He has worked hard with his parents to be able to have open communication for the first time in his life through RPM. Follow Brayden on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/LifewithaBoyNamedBrayden/?ref=tn_tnmn

Monday 25 July 2016

SPEAKING IS HARD

SPEAKING IS HARD FOR ME.  I CAN'T SPEAK THE WORDS THAT ARE IN MY HEAD THROUGH MY MOUTH.  INSTEAD JIBBERISH AND STIM WORDS COME OUT.  I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE TALK WITH THEIR MOUTHS WITH NO DIFFICULTY.  I AM ENVIOUS.  I FEEL SO STUCK WITH WORDS ALL THE TIME.

CAN YOU IMAGINE NOT BEING ABLE TO TALK WITH YOUR MOUTH?  IT SEEMS LIKE A PRISON.

I TALK WITH MY HAND.  I SPELL LETTER BY LETTER.  IT IS TIME CONSUMING BUT I HAVE A VOICE.  I DIDN'T HAVE A VOICE FOR SEVEN YEARS.  I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY HAND VOICE.

MY MOM HAS BEEN PRACTICING WITH ME PRONOUNCING LETTERS AND WORDS.  I FEEL HOPEFUL THAT MAYBE ONE DAY THAT I COULD SPEAK WITH MY MOUTH THE WORDS THAT ARE IN MY HEAD.  I BELIEVE IN MYSELF.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, Brayden. I love to hear the words you are able to express with you hands. You offer such insight to parents whose kids cannot accurately use their mouth to speak out loud. Your thoughts make such a positive difference.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete